How can I clone a board?

I did not find a way to clone a board in the new Jira. How can I do this?

4 answers

1 accepted

This is ridiculous. I used to work with copied boards a lot. Now in the new design, there seems to be no way to do this. Is there really no way to do this?

Jack Brickey Community Champion Nov 22, 2017

@Thomas Wrobel, we’re you not able to copy via the view all boards and selecting the board of your choice? To get to the view all boards you click on the magnifying glass (search).

Thanks, @Jack Brickey, you're a life saver. I must say, that under the magnifying glass is not the most obvious or intuitive places in my opinion. But now I have found "all boards", everything is fine. 

Jack Brickey Community Champion Nov 22, 2017

indeed. an example of why I moved to the old UI. I like the new UI in a lot of respects but I miss my menu bar. Part of this is because I was used to it but part because my common tasks are at my finger tips.

I agree, there should also be a "View all boards" from the Project page where the boards are listed as a dropdown in the individual project container boxes towards the top (i.e. the "View all boards" should show up as the last entry in the dropdown). I hunted all over and didn't think to find all board management in the Search context

0 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Nov 20, 2017

I have recently switched back to the old UI but believe if you go to view all boards page you can click on the elipses to the right of the board you wish to copy.

0 vote
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Nov 20, 2017

You can copy a board in JIRA. From the "boards" drop down you can click on "View all boards" and from there when you see the list of boards then you can click on the options available for the board and copy the board.

Thanks for the feedback. It just seems that with the "new" Jira there is no "Boards" drop down anymore. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

67 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot