How Can exploratory testing be used to capture all the actions performed on AUT with screenshots

Navdeep Kaur Ravala
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2024

As per our requirements, We need the tool to capture the screenshot of each and every action performed on Application Under Test and simultaneously the tool should attach screenshots at every step without manual intervention. 

I have explored, exploratory testing app and found that we need to manually capture and attach screenshot at every step. But, we need this to be performed by tool.

1 answer

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2024

Welcome to the community @Navdeep Kaur Ravala 

Sadly, there are no apps out there that are actually activated when the status is changed. Even if you have tried to use an automation rule and a webhook for the app, there is no other automation (like in Selenium where the test is run by the computer).

All of the apps from the marketplace work on the manual way of activation. 

This app https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1231078/issue-creator-for-jira-cloud-capture-screen-annotate?hosting=cloud&tab=overview can be added as a Chrome extension and you can both test and report the issue at the same time.

This is the closest it can get.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events