Flow/transaction from backlog to on hold

gohar.galstyan November 28, 2022

Dear community,

Please help me, I have a proble during the transaction  from backlog to on hold the line is calling by now, but it must be called On hold2022-11-25_18-23-09.png2022-11-28_13-07-21222.png2022-11-28_13-06-531111.png

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Dear @Hamza Chundrigar  I would like to change  mentioned point2022-11-25_18-23-09.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

Hi @gohar.galstyan 

If you want to change the name of the transition to On Hold, then simply go to your workflow and edit it.

• Click on the transition and click edit.
  • Rename the transition name to On Hold.
  • Publish your workflow.
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

@gohar.galstyan 

Like I mentioned in my earlier comment, you need to go into this workflow (as seen in the screenshot below)

• Click on the transition (that is going from Backlog --> OnHold) and click edit (i.e. the red circle)
  • Then you can rename the transition from By Now to On Hold.
  • Then Publish your workflow to save your changes

2022-11-28_13-07-21222.png

Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2022

Transition names are used for workflow automations so that is why you are receiving this error. 

There are a few ways you can resolve this. But the easiest way would be to add an extra space (invisible character) at the end. This way you will virtually have the same name

So try hitting the Space Bar on your keyboard after the word "On Hold" and then clicking Save. (Don't forget to publish your workflow afterwards).

Can you show me in picture 

Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2022

image.png

Like gohar.galstyan likes this

@Hamza Chundrigar  thank you very much

Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2022

You're welcome @gohar.galstyan

If this helped resolve your query, then please mark this answer as accepted in order to help others in the community.

Best regards,
Hamza

0 votes

Dear @Hamza Chundrigar 

I can not edit mentioned point2022-11-25_18-23-09.png

Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2022

You cannot edit the transition name from here. 

In your question, you posted this screenshot:

2022-11-28_13-07-21222.png

Do you remember how you got here? You basically need to do the same thing. To do that, you need to:

1. Select > Issues. (The gear icon can be found on the top right corner of your Jira instance).
  2. Click Workflows.
  3. Select the workflow transition you want to change and click Edit.
    • Click on the transition (that is going from Backlog --> On Hold) and click edit (i.e. the red circle)
  4. Then you can rename the transition from By Now to On Hold.
  5. Then Publish your workflow to save your changes

Suggest an answer