Custom filters on Roadmap view

Justin Stouder May 18, 2021

Within JIRA Roadmap we would like to customize the filters.  For example, I've added an In Review workflow status and we would like to filter across the Roadmap by In Review.

I'm not seeing a way to do so at the moment.  This is the default, out-of-the-box, Roadmap that comes with JIRA Cloud Company Managed projects.

As we have added new users, the Users filter has accompanied them.  As we have added new workflow status, it remains the same and static at:

To Do
In Progress
Done

Thank you for any wisdom you might have on this!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

Hello @Justin Stouder 

Welcome to the community.

As per the documentation, that filter is for Status Category rather than Status. All Status values belong to a Status Category, and there are only three Status Categories in JIRA. Status Categories cannot be customized.

Customized filters are available only in the Advanced Roadmaps option, which is available only in the Premium plan.

Justin Stouder May 20, 2021

@Trudy Claspill thank you for the information and for the documentation pointers.  Much appreciated!

Bhuwan Panta August 24, 2022

@Trudy Claspill how to achieve that if i do have a premimum plan for jira?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

@Bhuwan Panta 

Welcome to the community.

What are you trying to achieve?

0 votes
Rathesh Richards
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2023

The custom filters created in Team-managed projects, and quick filters on company-managed projects can now be viewed and used on the basic Roadmap available on all editions of Jira Software Cloud. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-your-view-on-the-roadmap/

Suggest an answer