Copy a project

Susann Petzold December 14, 2022

Hi everyone, 

we are working with Jira & Jira Service Management cloud. 

I want to copy one of my ITSM Projects, to make some tests. Ive seen another question like this, referring to:

- > products -> sandbox 

But I cant create a Sanbox :/ 

2022-12-14 09_06_22-Administration.png

Can someone may help me? I really need to test some new things and I am not allowed to test it on our current project. 

Many thanks in advance!!!

2 answers

1 vote
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2022

Hello @Susann Petzold,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Another option would be to clone the project along with it's issues with our Jira cloud app Deep Clone for Jira. 

In this demo video you can see how cloning a project works.  

deep-clone-jira_clone-project.png

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Susann Petzold ,

sandbox is availanble just for premium and enterprice plans and not for standard ones. For further information please take a look to the following article https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/manage-product-sandboxes/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Susann Petzold December 14, 2022

Hi Fabio, 

thanks for your help, is there any other option to copy a project? 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

If you want to create a clone of your project, with same configuration, in your prod environment you can do that through the following approach https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-copy-projects-in-jira-cloud-779160835.html.

After doing that you will have a clone of your original project and you can perform tests at your convenience.

Fabio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events