Change in Export Time data unit in Hours

Swaroop Bangera May 24, 2023

Whille Exporting Data from JIRA projects, the Original estimate section numbers are displayed in Seconds , I want them to be in Hours.
Is there any toggle where I can change these export settings ?

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

No, not with the native Export feature available from the Advanced Issue Search screen.

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2023

Hi @Swaroop Bangera,

just to add to Trudy's answer, it should be doable to perform this calculation in post-processing; e.g., in Excel or Google Sheets, a formula a la = <your cell> / 60 / 60 should do. 

Alternatively, if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you should find options there. E.g., this would actually be trivial to do in the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira:

estimate-format-export.gif

For context, JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. You can also export your issues to e.g. Excel or CSV in just one click.

As said above, there'll be other options, too. You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, and depending on the size of your size, it may be free forever. So if an app is an option for your, perhaps try a few and see which works best for you.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders