Can you report or chart off custom field values?

Tim Lankford January 13, 2022

We have multiple custom fields and it would be beneficial to create reports or charts based off these fields.

For example, one custom field is "Tier" with dropdown options of "Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3"

Can I create a filter to show only Tier 1 Jira issues? (with the filter I would create a chart)

Another example, custom field is "Health" with options "A,B,C" --I'd like to pull a report of all B selections.

One more example is "Total Price" -- this is a number field.  I'd like to be able to filter based on greater than 20,000 for example or less than 40,000. etc 

I'm not sure if any of this is possible but I appreciate feedback.

Thanks!

Tim

4 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hi @Tim Lankford 

As @Trudy Claspill mentioned, it is worth researching and investing in 3rd party app. Jira provides a variety of reports, but for deeper customizations, the Marketplace is your place to go.

Two of the apps you may take a look at are Custom Charts for Jira and eazyBI Reports and Charts for Jira

Both apps have decent coverage of supported custom fields:

Custom Charts: https://ossapps.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CCFJ/pages/1642987843/Supported+Fields

eazyBI Reports and Charts: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/jira-custom-fields

Tim Lankford January 13, 2022

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_   Thank you so much!  "Custom Charts" seems like a good option so I'll try that.

Have nice evening!

Tim

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

You are very welcome @Tim Lankford :)

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

You can definitely create filters based on custom fields.

Jira doesn't natively provide a true custom report generator. It provides a number of gadgets available through Dashboards. Many of the gadgets can be set to use a saved filter as the basis for the data to be displayed. Some gadgets let you select fields to use for the "metric" of the chart. Some of the gadgets will allow you to select from custom fields for the metric while others do not.

It really depends on the specific gadget and the custom field you want to use.

If you want a true custom report generator you will need to invest in a third party app in the Atlassian Marketplace There are several available, but I have not used any of them so I don't have a recommendation.

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2022

Hi @Tim Lankford

An alternative way is to use Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira app developed by our team.

• You can create custom, flexible and colorful bar charts and table views for any data you want/need.
  • You can set X axis to be any parameter like Created(month), Assignee, Sprint, Fix Versions etc.
  • You can set Y axis to be any parameter like number of issues, sum of remaining estimates, average of story points etc.
  • You can group your data on any field(Sprint, Status, Assignee, Component, Project etc.) you want.
  • You can choose various date ranges like All Time, Last Year, Last 3 Months, Last 6 Months etc.
  • You can order the results by drag and drop.

You can create reports, charts and graphs using both standard fields and your custom fields. Here is our live demo dashboard where you can see and modify sample reports and play with them.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Dmitry Astapkovich _Colined_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2022

This is 100% doable, but not inside Jira. If you are open to using 3rd party app, please take a look on Pivot Report we are developing. It's all about presenting data from Jira issues in multiple ways. Ping me if you need a demo to go over your specific request.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events