Automation rule to clone issue from a company-managed project to a team-managed project not working

Trisha Eunice Dagohoy September 13, 2022

Hi all,

I have made an automation rule to clone an issue from a company-managed project to a team-managed project. The issue type and status exist for both projects but it does not seem to work.

I have tried cloning an issue from a company-managed project to a company-managed project and it seemed to have work.

Is this not possible at the moment? Thanks.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julien Peyrade _ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 13, 2022

Hello @Trisha Eunice Dagohoy 

If you don't mind testing an add-on, Elements Copy & Sync lets you do exactly that.

Full disclosure, I'm the Product Manager of the app.

With our app, you will be able to clone tickets from any project to any project, including team-managed ones.

You can decide which fields to copy or not, attachments, comments, etc... It is also possible to keep your tickets synchronized if you need to, meaning that if the value of a field is changed in your original ticket, it will be automatically changed as well in the copy (this is optional).

The app is free for 30 days, (and stays free if your instance is under 10 users), so feel free to give it a try, and don't hesitate to tell reach our Support if you have any question.

Kind regards,

Julien

Trisha Eunice Dagohoy September 18, 2022

Thank you! (:

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

@Trisha Eunice Dagohoy
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to clone a ticket from company-managed into a team-managed project by using Jira Automation.
There is a feature request opened to allow cloning projects and tickets. I would recommend voting on that:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-78729

An additional option is to use Marketplace plugins, such as Deep Clone for Jira. The plugin allows cloning tickets to team-managed.

Regards,
Eugenio

Trisha Eunice Dagohoy September 18, 2022

Thank you so much! (:

Like Eugenio Onofre likes this
0 votes
Rob Lazorchak March 3, 2023

Just attempted this using Cloud. and from a company managed project to a team managed project I can now see a ticket being created and showing up in the team managed project.  

Sorry for the extra posting.. as we figured out what we did. 

Salah September 10, 2023

Could you advice how you resolve this , as iam facing the same issue in my end 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events