cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make a comment to be shown in the portal

Rosana Casilli April 23, 2020

Good morning,

I have this issue. 

Users are complaining that when they do a comment in jira service desk as add internal note it is not shown  in the portal, I am clear about that. 

So I have suggested to click on Answer to costumer instead and put a note. But now they are tellinng me that this action is changing status of the ticket?

is that possible? I am new in service desk, and in fact the entire project was done but someone not in the company.

they want the comment to be seen in the portal. Can you help me on this please?

Thanks in advance,

Ro

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2020

Hi Rosana,

There are two ways (actually more) to add a public comment w/in JSD. The actual behavior depends on how you have it configured in your system. However, here is what I have and recommend.

Respond to Customer - this is a transition meant to pass the issue back to the customer for more info/consideration. The screen that pops up when an agent clicks on respond to customer allows for a comment (public) which will display in the portal and result in an email notification to the customer.

Reply to customer - this is simply a public comment that the customer, all watchers and request participants will see. it leaves the status alone.

public.jpg

Rosana Casilli April 23, 2020

Thank you very much!!!! 

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2020

Hello @Rosana Casilli 

Yes with automation is possible that the when someone add a comment then the status change. Take a look at automation in your project to find this rule.

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events