Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find more project avatars?

Tim H_ March 18, 2023

Jira Service Management comes with only a small set of project avatars. If I upload custom ones, they are displayed very blurry across the application. 

Does anyone know some resources for project avatars that match the overall Atlassian style and which are not displayed blurry across the application? Free ones are preferred, but I wouldn't mind to pay for a nice collection of avatars.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Tim

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Oday Rafeh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2023

Hi @Tim H_ 

Here are some simple suggestions to find project avatars matching Atlassian style:

FlatIcon: Offers free and premium vector icons in various styles.
IconFinder: Provides high-quality icons, both free and paid.
FontAwesome: Popular icon set with scalable vector icons.
Noun Project: Large collection of icons and illustrations.

Remember to use images with correct dimensions (48x48 pixels or higher) to avoid blurriness. Always check licensing terms before using any resources.

Tim H_ March 18, 2023

Thank you! However, I downloaded an icon from IconFinder and saved it as a .png with a resolution of 512x512 pixels. When I upload and use it in Jira, it gets blurred :-( Any idea why this is the case? The same happened with all the other icons I tried.

Oday Rafeh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2023

Hi @Tim H_ 

Here are some simple steps to try if your uploaded project avatar appears blurry in Jira:

• Use a PNG or SVG format for the icon.
  • Try different icon sizes (24x24, 48x48, 96x96).
  • Use an image editing tool to resize the image properly.
  • Ensure the image is not overly compressed.
  • Clear your browser's cache after uploading the new icon.

If the issue persists, try reaching out to Atlassian Support for assistance.

Like Ron.Kuijper likes this
Michelle Futornick April 7, 2023

I have the same issue. And uploading an SVG file doesn't work:
"The file content you have provided is not a supported image format. Please try a JPEG, GIF or PNG file."

Manuel Carmona October 23, 2023

Hi,

Just in case you didn't solve this problem yet.

What I do is:

End result example

Project summary view

2023-10-23 10_29_28-[TEST] Calculadora de Valor - Details - Service project - Jira.jpg

Project list view

2023-10-23 10_32_20-Projects - Jira.jpg

The little symbols inside the coloured squares are a bit blurry, but they're tiny and I don't think you can get them any better (no matter the PNG export size which can be whatever you need).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

M

Like Krista Kendall likes this
0 votes
Michelle Futornick October 23, 2023

Thanks for the follow up! I was able to successfully add my own avatar but the blurriness is disappointing, esp compared to the supplied avatars.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events