Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Insight Object

Matthew Mapel May 14, 2021

I'm attempting to move an Insight object from one object type to another...but see no way of doing this...at least nothing is standing out! How do I go about moving an object in Insight? I'd hate to create a bunch of objects, then sometime down the road need to modify the object type hierarchy and need to create each object all over!

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2021

Hi @Matthew Mapel

unfortunately moving objects is not possible in cloud yet, see here.

I wasn't able to find it on the roadmap, but hopefully will be someday.

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

I don't know how Atlassian continues to surprise me but they do.  How can you overlook this feature? Unacceptable.  Cancelling trial. Using FreshService.

Like # people like this
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2022

And by "feature" I mean basic functionality. (Yes, I'm still upset about it)

Like Adam McGreggor likes this
Piyush A (STR)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

Still not !!! why Atlassian isn't helping for Insight changes or migration yet......

Like Kim.Leighton likes this
Kay December 7, 2022

I would like to have this feature as well!

Luca Giannantonio December 8, 2022

Same here, we need it for a dynamic use of our Insight.

Kay December 8, 2022

BTW: I tried export of objects and now I want to import them to another place and delete exports from old place afterwards. Think this could be a workaround if I get how to import objects to the right place. :-/

Piyush A (STR)
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

We actually did the import using the CSV and only issue was to update the PIPE data, we did that using the API gathering the ID of the data 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events