cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting Assignee based Group Selected - not returning all names

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2022

Hi there,

I have followed the information found here

Limit Assignee to member of Assignment Group (atlassian.com)

and based on the 'Assignable Group' value selected in the drop down box I do have a limited subset of people to choose from as the Assignee.

The problem is not all the people are showing up that are members of the group.

I can see the people in the groups, I can see them in user management but they don't don't all show up as an assignee

I can see the members of the group in the project as 'Service Desk Team' role but per the other link I had to remove that role from being assignable but then I thought putting that back just adds everyone back.

What else should I be checking?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2022

@Ste404 -

You also need to ensure that all assignees are given JSM agent licenses. 

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2022

Thanks, I also realised that the test accounts I have setup have not actually logged in either..  that would help!! :)

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2022

If user accounts are setup correctly and granted with agent licenses + also listed as your project's "Service Desk Team" role. Can you try to key in the account name in the Assignee field to see if they show up or not?

If my suggestion helped you and your issue is resolved, then please click on Accept answer when you have a chance

Best, Joseph

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2022

ah yeh I can add the correct people by typing them out, would be good just to see the names when you click on the assignee field.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events