How can I change this Resolve Issue message that appears when I want to resolve an issue?

Francesca Baldwin January 20, 2021

Hi there,

As per the attached image, how do I alter the text that reads - 

"Resolving an issue indicates that the developers are satisfied the issue is finished." ??

I know that you can change the actual resolutions, but how do you change this text? 

I am asking because this project I'm in is not a project that involves developers, it is around Risk Assessments, so the issues won't be resolved by developers!

Thanks in advance, I hope that I can change this.

Many thanks,

Francesca 

Altering resolution message.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Alvin Chan _Ease Solutions_ June 15, 2023

Hi @Francesca Baldwin 

Not sure if this is too late, but that message you are referring to seems similar to the post below, found a reply from someone from Atlassian for this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Re-Informative-message-on-resolution-pop-up-screen-how/qaq-p/2315107/comment-id/572739#M572739 

An alternative would be to create a new transition to your workflow status, I tested that works too :)

0 votes
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

Hi @Francesca Baldwin 

You can use the Jira Toolkit Plugging to include a custom field of type "Message Custom Fields". The default value of these fields can be edited, custom messages are created in which the required text can be displayed.

I hope it helps you.
Greetings

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events