Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - Making sure a Linked Issue is closed once all User Stories beneath are closed

Robin Findhammer April 14, 2021

Hi,

Im currently working on automating the following:

I have 1 Issue type that I created called RICEFW.

Beneath this RICEFW I'm attaching several User Stories to complete the RICEFW.

What I want to Automate is that once all User Stories are put on "Done", the Issue Type (RICEFW) is automatically put on done as well.

Can someone help me out with setting up this rule?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

2 answers

0 votes
Robin Findhammer April 15, 2021

Hi @Alexis Robert 

I had a look, at first I had all Issue Types on the same workflow (left side of the picture). In this case it does not work. After this I tried to create a separate workflow for the Feature/RICEFW Issue Types (right side of the picture). In both cases unfortunately I did not cause the Feature/RICEFW to move to Done after putting all related User Stories on Done.

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks.workflow for all issue types 1.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2021

Are there any validators or conditions set for the transition in question?
I am wondering if some of there could prevent the transition?

Could you please check and report back?

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Hi @Robin Findhammer , 

the following rule can be used to test for Issue Links (change the condition, link name or status as you need) : 

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 13.21.30.png

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Robin Findhammer April 14, 2021

Hi @Alexis Robert 

Thank you for the response.
Unfortunately I still does not work... i get the following error message.

To clarify it a bit more.

I have

highest level: EPIC
- 1 : Feature/RICEFW
- 2 : User Story

Lets say that there are for example 4 user stories to be completed to complete a feature.

Therefore I would like that once the status of all user stories under a Feature/RICEFW is set on done. The Feature/RICEFW immediately is put on Done as well.

Hope you can help me out. And thanks again for responding!

un_error.png

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Hi @Robin Findhammer , 

I think the automation you've created should work. The error message reported is that the Feature issue (UN-19 I guess) can't be transitionned to DONE.

Is it because you have a workflow that does not have this status for the Feature issues ? Could you please share a screenshot of the workflow ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events