Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with IMAP certificate again

David Ford January 14, 2020

Back in September last year I ran into the problem with Jira being unable to pull mail from our secure IMAP server (see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Problem-with-pulling-mail-from-mail-server/qaq-p/1187124 for the previous issue), the good old "unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

For some reason this has come back again now despite nothing changing as far as I can tell. I'm still working the certificate issue as there's another certificate out there somewhere that is the one I think I need, but I'm thinking there's another problem, or I don't understand certificates as well as I thought.

The certificate that I am using is one that has been issued by DigiCert. To the way I understand it DigiCert are the CA for the issued certificate and looking in the CACerts file I can see DigiCert are in there.

Given that the CA is DigiCert, the sever name matches the server name that I'm connecting to so everything matches for a normal CA certification path, why is Jira reporting that it cannot find a valid certification path?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events