How do I create a next-gen service desk project

Matt Lawrence April 1, 2019

the documentation says I should be able to change the template to a next-gen service desk template but I only see kanban or scrum templates available for next-gen projects.

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

Here is an excerpt from another thread about getting early access to the new JSD NG templates.

From Atlassian (Caroline Bartle)...

You can gain access to JSD next-gen project templates via our Early Access Program.

Details of this can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/get-early-access-to-the-next-gen-jira-service-desk-experience-968672129.html

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

Hello,

Jira Service Desk project is not available for next gen projects. Next-gen projects are Jira Software projects, that is why you can use only Scrum and Kanban.

according to this documentation, there should be a service desk template available for next-gen projects

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/create-edit-and-delete-next-gen-projects-966656478.html

is this documentation incorrect?

Like Becky_Schroeder likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

You are right. That is a new feature.

I have it here:

Screenshot 2019-04-01 at 12.27.11.pngMake sure that you have Jira Service Desk installed in your Jira Cloud. Jira Settings -> Products

ok, great. I'll just wait until I get access. Thank you

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2019

ha! well that is new. I see it as well in my instance. gotta love cloud. its like Christmas every day. ;-)

Like Alexey Matveev likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2019

Agreed :)

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2019

are you on cloud? NG is only on Cloud. If so, verify that if you attempt to create a new project you see this...

projects.jpg

If you do not see then it could be that your admin has disabled NG.

I can create other NG projects but can't see the service desk template referred to in this documentation - https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/create-edit-and-delete-next-gen-projects-966656478.html

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2019

correct. i need to be paying attention to the collections more closely. i was reading the question and not looking at the fact you posted in JSD. :-(

Alexey is correct.

Mario Polverino April 15, 2019

We are still not having access to the template, is anyone else able to use it?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2019

Yes I can access JSD NG templates. Availability may vary between instances. In my instance there are three types now. However, I believe this is because I signed onto the beta program while at Summit. However, it may actually exist for others as well.

ng-jsd.jpg

Like Mario Polverino likes this

CAn you point me out where can I sing as well?
I think it is still in early access/beta.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2019

First I assume you are on Cloud. Click on the magnifying glass, scroll to the bottom and in the Advanced search dropdown select projects. In the project view click on Create project. you should then see two choices: Classic and Next-gen. Click NG and then Change template

0 votes
Francis Calata November 12, 2019

Hi. Is there a NG JSD template? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2019

If you are on Cloud yes there should be. Are you not seeing the template?

Mo Housaini November 14, 2019

@Jack Brickey - I'm on Cloud and I can't see any:

2019-11-15_13-06-18.png

I can see NG Software templates.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2019

This is what I see. You might want to check with your admins if you are not in fact the system admin. Otherwise reach out to Atlassian Support.

9D991E72-D56C-4ACF-B3E7-608EF41EB764.jpeg

Mo Housaini November 14, 2019

I turned on early access to next-gen projects via https://<unique subdomain>.atlassian.net/jsd-next-gen and now they appear.

I wonder when these NG JSD templates will be generally available.

Like # people like this
Francis Calata November 15, 2019

I'm able to see this now. Thanks

Fred Lumiere May 3, 2020

Thank you for this!

chadd July 3, 2020

Mo Housaini had the correct answer.  Thanks, Mo!

0 votes

We are still not having access to the template, is anyone else able to use it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events