Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create button when not in JDP project

CC August 29, 2023

***Potential bug***

When I am not in JPD project and I click on the blue create button and select the JDP project; the default template does not default in the description nor are the required fields at the bottom of the form.  

However, if I open the JDP project and click on the create button, the template is in the description field.

@Tanguy Crusson 

3 answers

2 votes
Louise Baker September 15, 2023

Is there a way to edit the screen received when outside JPD? I was going to set up a screen scheme, but I can't find any way to actually do it or edit it. This would help immensely in the interim. Right now, users get a slew of fields in the Create Issue screen that they shouldn't when they're creating an issue outside of JPD.

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2023

Hi @CC and @Gary Spross , that is correct, it's a current limitation: the issue creation experience is tailored to JPD when you are in the product, but when you're in other parts of Jira it still uses the classic Jira creation experience (and some things don't work great with JPD there yet). 

We do plan to clean all this up. 

Audrey Jen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 14, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson given this limitation, in the meantime how would you recommend my colleagues who do not have JPD licenses add ideas to JPD projects? 

As a Product Manager I want to encourage ideas from all teams, not just the Product team. It's not feasible for my entire organization to have a JPD license, but most of the organization does have Jira Software. 

Really hoping this gets fixed.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2023

Hi, I'd recommend you add them as a contributor on the project. It's free.

Details here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/The-different-types-of-users-Creators-Contributors-and/ba-p/2378354

That way they can open the project, and create ideas from there.

Like Anthony Chamy likes this
0 votes
Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2023

Coincidentally I posted this same question today. Watching for an answer!

Why is the Create screen different when creating an idea from outside the JPD project?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events