Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming product improvements + Atlas integration ready for early testers

Hi everyone!

As we've communicated before we have 3 main streams of work, and always have projects in flight in each of these 3 streams:

1. Reliability: making sure the backend scales with the number of users
  2. Product improvements: fixing bugs and improving the experience of existing features continuously
  3. Boulders: new bets and features

Today I have an update on things landing for #2 and #3.

Let's start with #2 - product improvements. In recent weeks we've invested in the performance and overall experience of the list view (hopefully it feels much more snappy now), we've looked at how we can help you "lock" views for editing (so you don't need to go back and fix their config all the time), and other improvements you can see here: 

On the #3 - boulders front, we're ready to start giving some of you access to the Atlas integration - so you can use Atlas goals and projects in Jira Product Discovery. Some of the things you're able to do with this: 

• Group ideas by goals
  • Group ideas by project status
  • Sync ideas target dates with Atlas project target dates
  • Basically, you're able to tell a story that goes from goals -> ideas -> projects in a very visual way, and only have to update dates in one spot: your roadmap is always up to date!

If you'd like to get access to this, please add a comment below and include your site URL eg. myteam.atlassian.net 

Thanks!

417 comments

Comment

Chris Timms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2022

+ 1 please @Tanguy Crusson !

Like Raquel Cueto-Senra likes this
Oriol Fàbregas Pujol November 18, 2022

+1 please

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2022

+1 @Tanguy Crusson 

Thanks,
Pramodh

Aaron Mosny November 18, 2022

Yes please @Tanguy Crusson

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2022

@Tanguy Crusson Yes please

Jen Tuohy November 18, 2022

Yes please @Tanguy Crusson !

Thank you for all the great work you're doing.

Melissa Dudley November 18, 2022

Yes please! @Tanguy Crusson 

Ákos Botos November 18, 2022

Hi @Tanguy Crusson

We would love to get in the early adopters pool. Pretty please ;)

Cheers,

Ákos

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2022

Cool, we'll get onto it next week. Note: you only need to put your hand up if you need access to the Atlas integration. For the rest, it will just ship automatically to everyone

Like # people like this
Ákos Botos November 18, 2022

Hi,

Yes we would like to have Acces to the Atlas integ.

Cheers

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2022

Me, me! Thanks, @Tanguy Crusson 

Michelle Grady November 18, 2022

This is exciting, thank you! I would like to have access to the Atlas integration.

Brent Vierling November 18, 2022

I would like access please!

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2022

I would like early access as well :)

Also, I am wondering what the long term architecture for master data looks like @Tanguy Crusson ? The way this is designed, we are setting Atlas as the master of project dates (if we use it) and I wonder how that will look large scale?

Will we see this happening in other products as well, or is this unique to Jira Product Discovery?

I am asking because from a flow perspective, JPD is in the discovery phase and we currently have a gap between discovery and Build (or Delivery in your model) since there is a financial "glue" needed for funding projects.

It seems a bit weird to use a broadcasting tool like Atlas to be added in between Discovery and Build, especially since Atlas have no connection to Build (at least not yet)?

This will also impact other products like Advanced Roadmaps where Projects often are defined Issue Types, or apps like BigPicture that also have start and end date that would then be in conflict with the Atlas connection?

From an architectural and data perspective, would it not make sense to define what the different types of financial constructs are and how data for them should be handled from a master data perspective? I don't see Atlas as the master for any project data, but perhaps that is a long term plan that we are not aware of yet?

Like Oriol Fàbregas Pujol likes this
Raziman Dom - Ricksoft
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2022

Our team is already using Atlas but still experimenting with JPD. This would be a good update for us. I would like to have early access. @Tanguy Crusson 

Like Jimi Wikman likes this
Jan-Hendrik Spieth November 20, 2022

Thanks for the update, @Tanguy Crusson! Locking views, formula fixes, Atlas integration -- all looking great!

Jan-Hendrik Spieth November 20, 2022

@Tanguy CrussonAbout testing Atlas integration - we'd love to! However, as I'm on parental leave right now, I don't want to make promises as to how much time I can put into trying things out. If that's ok for you, then please count us in for early access! Thanks!

Paul Douglas November 21, 2022

+1 for me please

Riku_Kristersson November 21, 2022

+1 thanks! @Tanguy Crusson 

Sam.Youssif November 21, 2022

Yes please

Florian Wahl November 21, 2022

Thanks for the update @Tanguy Crusson - I would love to get the early access for my team. We are already using Product Discovery and are in the middle of considering to use Atlas as well. This would be a tremendous value for our teams to have these synced (especially the dates, great job on finding that solution!!).

Aaron Mosny November 22, 2022

@Tanguy Crusson Do you know when early adopters can expect to see the atlas integration? Also can you confirm that my company is on the early adopter list? Thanks! Awesome work team!

Fredson Nogueira da Silva November 22, 2022

Me too! Thanks @Tanguy Crusson 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2022

Hi everyone, we expect to turn this on for you in the next few days 👍

Like # people like this
Tom Hedges November 23, 2022

@Tanguy Crusson +1 for testing the integration :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events