pre-created project template with sub-tasks

We have a specific requirement to build a project template with sub-tasks loaded with it.

And if possible, need to link (group)sub-tasks to each status of the workflow.

Could anyone help me with this?

1 answer

0 vote

Start at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/projects/tutorial-creating-a-project-template

Some of your question is not clear to me though, on a couple of points.

• You will need to create issues first, so that your sub-tasks have a parent to live under.
  • Sub-tasks are issues, which move through workflows.  I don't know what you mean by "link/group sub-tasks to a status".  They'll have their own status, based on the position in their workflow.

Yes, I am following the document to go create my own template.

Link/group sub-tasks:

I am looking for a way to assign sub-tasks to each status of the workflow through the template.

Hope that is clear.

No, I am sorry, but it is not clear at all.

An issue in JIRA has a status.  A single status.  It can have only one.  "assign to each status" says you want issues in all status, which is nonsense.

If the workflow is;

To do --> In Progress --> Testing --> Done ( consider these four as Workflow Status)

So while the issue is  "In Progress" status, I need to load few sub-tasks

(need to load this default through a template so users does not have to create in each issue they  created)

So by "load", you mean "create sub-tasks" and "template" means you want to fill in some fields.

I'd use one of the "create sub-task" post-functions.  You may need to look in the marketplace for suitable ones.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

189 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you