pre-created project template with sub-tasks

pubuduh January 15, 2017

We have a specific requirement to build a project template with sub-tasks loaded with it.

And if possible, need to link (group)sub-tasks to each status of the workflow.

Could anyone help me with this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2017

Start at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/projects/tutorial-creating-a-project-template

Some of your question is not clear to me though, on a couple of points.

• You will need to create issues first, so that your sub-tasks have a parent to live under.
  • Sub-tasks are issues, which move through workflows.  I don't know what you mean by "link/group sub-tasks to a status".  They'll have their own status, based on the position in their workflow.
pubuduh January 15, 2017

Yes, I am following the document to go create my own template.

pubuduh January 16, 2017

Link/group sub-tasks:

I am looking for a way to assign sub-tasks to each status of the workflow through the template.

Hope that is clear.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2017

No, I am sorry, but it is not clear at all.

An issue in JIRA has a status.  A single status.  It can have only one.  "assign to each status" says you want issues in all status, which is nonsense.

pubuduh January 16, 2017

If the workflow is;

To do --> In Progress --> Testing --> Done ( consider these four as Workflow Status)

So while the issue is  "In Progress" status, I need to load few sub-tasks

(need to load this default through a template so users does not have to create in each issue they  created)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2017

So by "load", you mean "create sub-tasks" and "template" means you want to fill in some fields.

I'd use one of the "create sub-task" post-functions.  You may need to look in the marketplace for suitable ones.

Suggest an answer