how to delete private filter

I know how to delete shared but how do you delete a private one?

1 answer

0 vote

Only an owner can delete a private filter. You can do it from the database too but you will have to raise a support ticket with Atlassian for the cloud instance.

I am the owner of the private ones but I do not know how to delete them as I don't see a clear 'delete' option when viewing all filters.

If you are the owner, click on the "Issues" drop down and select "View all filters". You can then click on the "..." on the right side to reveal all the operations available on the filter, including 'Delete'.

That "..." isn't available in the 'view all filters' screen. What i found was:

Deleting a filter

You can delete custom filters, but you cannot delete default system filters.

1. Click the My tab on the 'Filters' page.
  2. Locate the filter you wish to delete, click more () > Delete

Hmm, that's strange. You cannot delete default filters but you won't find them under your filter list either. If you are seeing the filter but not seeing the dots, it might be a bug. I can see it fine in my instance.

Maybe you can attach a screenshot to show what you are seeing!

What version are you using? For the cloud JIRA v1000.1154.0

- click on issues and you should see "manage Filters" at the bottom of the list

- click that and you will get a list of filters that you own

- click on the "..." next to the filter you wat to delete and you will get an option to delete

"at the bottom of the list" in many cases means under visible area. Total UX misunderstanding.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

598 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you