Is there any way to use custom date fields within a JIRA dashboard?

Deleted user September 10, 2019

Hi All,

So I have created a custom date field, that is based on when an issue was transitioned to a certain status. Is there any way I can use this custom date field in a JIRA dashboard instead of the standard date fields that the system gives you?

Ideally I'd like to be able to create a line graph.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

It depends on the gadget you're using on the dashboard.  Some of them work with dates and allow you to choose which ones.  Some have hard-coded dates (because they don't need to ask - for example the "created vs resolved" gadget has no reason to use other dates, the hard-coding of "issue created" and "issue resolved" does not make sense to change)

Which gadgets are you looking at?

Deleted user September 11, 2019

So at the moment I'm only looking at the standard ones that JIRA offers. Most date related ones only seem to offer the hard-coded dates you mentioned such as created and resolved. 

To generate the custom date field I used JMCF and would like to put all that data into some sort of line graph.

Like Bojana likes this
Bojana April 7, 2020

Hi @[deleted]

Have you found some solution for this? I have the same requirement.

Many thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events