I'm trying to move a task to another project, but there is a Security problem.

I'm trying to move a task to another project. I have exactly the same permissions for both projects, and both projects are on identical permission schemes. Nonetheless, when I try to move the task, I get a warning that security level is required. The task does have a security level set. Please see image.JiraIssue.png

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

There's a combination of factors here, in both red and yellow boxes.  Specifically:

• The security level is a required field in the target
  • You do not have the right to set any security level on issues in the target.  You need the set security level permission and to match at least one of the rules (to set a security level, you have to be in it)

How do I not have the right to set security levels in a project I created and administrate, which is identical to the original?

Who created a project has nothing to say about the ownership or privileges in a project.

Administration rights to a project give you admin rights.  Not "can do anything" (which is a dreadful permissions model)

To fix this, go to the project administration and look at the permission scheme first.  Who can set security levels?  Make sure you match that rule first.  Then go to the security scheme for the project and read each level in it.  Make sure you match at least one rule in there.  (Matching the rules usually means sticking yourself in a group or role, and you can remove yourself after doing the move)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

124 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you