I'm trying to move a task to another project, but there is a Security problem.

BlueHat Dave February 10, 2017

I'm trying to move a task to another project. I have exactly the same permissions for both projects, and both projects are on identical permission schemes. Nonetheless, when I try to move the task, I get a warning that security level is required. The task does have a security level set. Please see image.JiraIssue.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2017

There's a combination of factors here, in both red and yellow boxes.  Specifically:

• The security level is a required field in the target
  • You do not have the right to set any security level on issues in the target.  You need the set security level permission and to match at least one of the rules (to set a security level, you have to be in it)
BlueHat Dave February 10, 2017

How do I not have the right to set security levels in a project I created and administrate, which is identical to the original?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2017

Who created a project has nothing to say about the ownership or privileges in a project.

Administration rights to a project give you admin rights.  Not "can do anything" (which is a dreadful permissions model)

To fix this, go to the project administration and look at the permission scheme first.  Who can set security levels?  Make sure you match that rule first.  Then go to the security scheme for the project and read each level in it.  Make sure you match at least one rule in there.  (Matching the rules usually means sticking yourself in a group or role, and you can remove yourself after doing the move)

Suggest an answer