Force user to select multiple checkboxes on ticket close

Eric Smith December 8, 2016

I would like my agents to confirm that specific steps have been taken before they close a ticket. To do this, I created a checkboxes custom field and put some test fields that I would like checked off on. I then put that custom field on a screen and attached that screen to a transition. In the transition, I made the following condition using Script Runner simple scripted validator:

cfValues['Workstation Configuration Checklist']*.value in 
 ['Confirm User AD groups', 'Set user account to force user to change password at next logon', 'Confirm with user that they have changed their password']

When I attempt to close the ticket, I see the checklist that I assigned to the screen in the transition. If I check no fields, one field, or two fields, it errors out with a custom error stating that I need to ensure all checkboxes are checked. However, when all checkboxes are checked I still get the error. Basically no matter what is checked the condition prevents the transition from happening. Does anyone happen to know what I might be doing incorrectly?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2016

Not tested but you will want:

cfValues['Workstation Configuration Checklist']*.value as Set ==
    [
        'Confirm User AD groups',
        'Set user account to force user to change password at next logon',
        'Confirm with user that they have changed their password'
    ] as Set

Using a Set because you don't care about the ordering.

Eric Smith December 9, 2016

That worked marvelously! Thank you!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2016

No problem but actually it's not a good way to do it, makes it hard to change the option values, or to add more. This way is much better: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/42370436

Suggest an answer