Dashboard filter extract from JIRA

nidhis October 13, 2015

Hi Team,

I require to have export from JIRA dashboard for filter, it should extract all the columns same way as it displays on Dashboard.

I checked one plugin "JIRA pdf plugin" but it is not showing export from PDF option on Dashboard.

as i m using JIRA version 6.2.2. is there any issue because of it?

If export from Dashboard is possible in Excel it would b great.

Regards,

Nidhi

3 answers

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

JIRA PDF View Plugin will export the whole dashboard or selected gadgets to PDF.

Tutorial: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-pdf-view-plugin/documentation/dashboards

If you have difficulties with it, open a support ticket any time!

jira-dashboard-pdf.png

0 votes
salvatore January 29, 2016

Hi, Nidhi. 

Thanks for sharing your problem. But I wonder did you have any exprience about extracting text from pdf files? I wonder whether there are any differences between pdf extraction and pdf to text conversion process? Whose way of processing is much simpler and faster? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.    

Best regards, 

Salvatore

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tags: extracting pdf

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2015

The configuration of a gadget has nothing to do with the exports.

To do this export, look at the gadget to find the filter (most of them click through to take you to the issue navigator iew of the filter), then configure the columns you want to see in there, then use "export these fields"

nidhis October 15, 2015

The configuration of a gadget has nothing to do with the exports  i did not get this point.

I have tried editing columsn but how can we do that in issue navigator?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2015

I think I've misunderstood the question. Sorry. You asked to export data from a gadget - as far as I am aware, none of the standard gadgets (or the ones I've used from the marketplace) have any export facilities. I jumped at the export because most people export from the issue navigator. The configuration of that is totally separate to the gadgets, even if you're viewing a filter that you've used in a gadget. To change the columns in the issue navigator (and hence what you get if you use "export to excel, current columns"), look towards the menu at the top right for "configure columns"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events