Can I define a default setting for creating issues from slack?

Deleted user August 28, 2019

When I enter a #slack-channel and types '/jira create <some text here> is there any way I can configure standard parameters for the issue created?

E.g. in channel #Customer when I write '/jira create My stuff does not work I want all issues created from the channel to have a label of "Customer Issues" and being assigned to John Doe with a default severity of "Normal".

Is there any way i can achieve this behaviour? 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2019

Hello Martin,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to set the assignee, priority, and labels when creating issues from a Slack channel when using the Official Slack integration provided by Atlassian. We have a feature request opened to implement this functionality here:

Customize the fields from the create issue from Slack to Jira

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, it is possible to set default field values in Custom fields for issues created from Slack, so I believe that maybe the steps below could help you achieve something similar to what you are looking for:

1 - Create a new issue type to identify tickets generated from Slack. E.g: Reported from Slack

2 - Configure Custom fields in the board to add the information you want (Priority, Label, Assignee), configuring default values for the context for that specific issue type

For more information about this second step, check this documentation.

let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events