Validate work log event if no work description is provided

Sadeesh Narendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2021

Hi All,

I want user not to succeed creating a worklog if no Work log description is provided. I want to prompt user "Please add Work Log Description when he tries same.

I have Jira automation enabled, I am able to check trigger when work log event is created, compare if worklog.comment is empty or not, if empty I don't see any option for prompt or stop the event or prompt user to enter description. 

Is there a way to validate this? I am stuck here.

Note: This has nothing to do with validators in Workflow transition

Work log Valdation.JPG

Thanks

Sadeesh N

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

Hi @Sadeesh Narendran

you actually can´t stop the creation of the worklog.

What you can do is to delete the worklog (when the description is empty) and send a message to the user who has entered the worklog.

In case you have Tempo Timesheets installed you can configure the worklog description to be mandatory which will enable the worklog validation checker.

BR

Sadeesh Narendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2021
Arsheen Banu Syed August 24, 2021

How to delete the worklog?

0 votes
Niteshkumar Shah February 16, 2023

Tempo does actually have the option to make Description mandatory.

Administrator -> Manage Apps -> Tempo -> Global Configuration 

Suggest an answer