Question regarding User Directory and migrating from Server to Cloud

Hoc August 24, 2020

Hello,

We want to migrate our projects from Jira Server 7.0 to Jira Cloud. We currently already have users synced up on JSD and Confluence using Atlassian Access.

We want to make sure when we migrate from server to cloud that the users are synced up as well. Currently the users on Jira Server are on a different domain and we are using User Directory to sync with AD. I can't update the users email address until I unsync it.

If I unsync and update the users email address when I resync, will the account on AD be recreated as they are now no longer there because its had its users email address updated? What field does it use to recognise if the account is created or not?

My other question is are the users synced using User Directory stay on Jira when it is unsynced? Or if I unsync it because the users are from AD it will disappear?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2020

@Hoc I suggest raising a support ticket and one of our support engineers will guide you through the user mapping process if required.

Suggest an answer