'Failed to Retrieve User' error for unauthenticated Service Desk users

Johnny Mitrevski July 21, 2019

When an unauthenticated user created a Service Desk ticket the 'Reporter' field comes back with 'Failed to Retrieve User qm:xxx'

This means that I don't know the email of the user who has raised the issue or how to communciate with them

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Lingfjord August 15, 2019

I'm also experiencing this issue but it has changed from "Failed to Retrieve User qm:xxx" to simply "Failed to Retrieve User"

0 votes
Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2019

Hi Johnny,

We are aware of the issue, I expect if you refresh the page it fixes itself. 

Please let me know if the reporter field remains unusable after 5 minutes.

Thanks,

Radu

Coley Anderson July 29, 2019

This is excessively happening in Jira Cloud today. I have refreshed the page, and it works maybe 1 out of 3 tries, and then about 10 minutes later the failed to retrieve user comes right on back.

Fernando Boucquez (PPL) August 12, 2019

@Radu Dumitrescu

Could you provide the issue url?

Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2019

@Coley Anderson could you please a support ticket so we could keep track of these issues and investigate? Any logged case helps up identify and fix issues like this one.

Thanks,
Radu

Coley Anderson August 13, 2019

Hi Radu - We haven't had any instances of this in the last week, but if I see it again I will open a ticket!

Suggest an answer