Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with adding dependencies and risks, etc.

Jayme Burkhalter November 10, 2021

I have set both the Scrum Master and Product Owner with the permission to be able to add Dependencies, Risks, Acceptance Criteria in a Feature (via the +) but they are still unable to see the plus sign.  

I swear I had already fixed this issue last week when I added them both to the Program team.  I had even impersonated and tested both roles and was able to do it.  This week, I am back to square one and I do NOT know what I am missing!!

• The toggles are turned on in the permission space
  • they are both members of the Program Team
  • They can create a dependency using the Create button, but cannot add one directly onto a Feature by clicking the plus sign +

What else needs to be enabled to allow them this permission?  I am stumped!!

3 answers

1 vote
Connie Crabbe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2021

Ensure that the System Role of the users is Product Owner.  When I impersonated a user with Team Level Admin, they were not able to see the '+' next to Dependencies on a Feature.

System role and Team role are different.  A users system role determines what they can/cannot see/do within Jira Align.

When I impersonated a user with the POPM level role they were able to see the '+' sign.

One other step that can be taken is for the user to reset their Jira Align instance - it's like clearing their history/cache in Jira Align.  At the top of the grey configuration bar are the 2 cog wheels.  Click them and select 'Reset All' then select the Program again and go to the Feature grid view and select the feature that needs a dependency added.

I hope one of those suggestions helps to resolve the issue.  If not, hopefully someone else will have some other thoughts on how to resolve.

0 votes
Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2021

@Jayme Burkhalter I can tell you that with Acceptance Criteria, even if the toggle is enabled, the person trying to add the Acceptance Criteria also has to be listed as the Owner. If they are not listed as the Owner, they will not see the plus sign. This shouldn't be the case, though, for Dependencies and Risks. If your issue persists with Risks and Dependencies, I would recommend reaching out to our Support team where they can more effectively troubleshoot your issue with you.

0 votes
Philipp Barry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2021

@Jayme Burkhalter Can you observe this issue as well with other users who have the same permissions? And should those users be able to quick-add objects and/or risks and does that work?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events