How to add groups from LDAP automatically?

I'd like to add groups from our LDAP directory containing their users (rather than having to add groups manually and add the users one by one).

4 answers

1 accepted

Answer from Atlassian Support: sync is not possible at the moment!

See also:

0 vote

Hi Steffen,

One of the LDAP configuration fields in FishEye is the "When Synchronisation Happens", in which you can decide to "Copy new users and changes to existing users".

This means that on every re-sync any new LDAP group associated to existing FishEye LDAP users will be added to FishEye, and also any new LDAP users with their corresponding groups will be added to FishEye.

Can you please give this a try?

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

Hi Felipe,

thanks for the answer. I'll have to consult our SVN admins for that. I'll keep you posted.

Okay, so I have a proper LDAP setup now (I guess) but groups still aren't being synced.

The Base DN is

users are at

while groups are configured as

I have clicked "Re-Sync" in the "LDAP Authentication settings" and I can see the changes in the "Users" section of the admin page. However, I can't see my LDAP groups in the "Groups" section.

What filter does Fisheye apply to identify LDAP groups?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

156 views 3 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot