Is there a way to view all comments on a thread?

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2011

Is there a way to view all the comments on the thread. I see that I can view the oldest one, or the newest one, or popular ones. Now sure how each one is defined, I guess that it has something to do with points. but points aside, I just want to see all the comments. the same behaviour as is on the forum now.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2011

Hi Jo-Anne,

This is a feature request already, ANSWERS-79. I'm hoping to implement it shortly. I hid comments originally so people wouldn't get confused between comments and answers, but I think the reverse has happened - the comments are too hard to discover. Seems like the way to go is to just show all comments.

2 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2011

Comments are in the process of possibly being re-worked. There is already a feature request to have the option added to have all comments expanded and visible.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-54

I agree with being able to see all comments, as there is usually a story or debate going on about the top answer on anything interesting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events