Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Insight Object types from a schema to another

Rudy Tixhon July 28, 2021

Hello, I have an Insight schema that I would like to split in several separated schema (i.e move Object types from a schema to another).

The purpose would be to do it without messing with all links already made between ther objects and the Jira issues. 

It does not seem to be an out-of-the-box functionality but if in the past you met the same kind of requirement, how did you manage it?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

RTX

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2021

Hi, 

There is no such functionality. You get some help by using the Object schema import. With this you get automatic creation of object types and attributes and all the objects get copied to the new object schema. You also get a reference to the old object key from the new objects. 

• Create new object schema
  • Create new object schema import from the source object schema
  • Create predefined structure and mappings
  • run the import

As the objects are copied, your Insight custom fields will not be updated to the new objects. To update those, you will need to either update them with a script of export issues and Insight objects to CSV and import again after remapping the field values in the CSV file. This is a bit messy to do and easy to do mistakes... 

4 votes
Derek White November 10, 2021

Would love this. Setup many schema and realized they each only had 1 object type and I probably should have used a single schema. This is very annoying to fix, even with 0 objects imported, yet.

[When I click this input, my focus is not in here, so I start searching the web page. No other website does this. Please fix AUI to keep focus when I click!!!!]

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2023

Yeah, it will be nice! :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events