Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove user from crowd database

Tahir Dar February 6, 2019

We have crowd configured with active directory. Users are added to a AD group and they appear on crowd. We removed a user from AD group but crowd is still showing that user in its list. We have restarted crowd but still user does not go away.

Can you let us know what is the best way of removing the user.

Regards

Tahir

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2019

Hi @Tahir Dar

How did you integrate Crowd with Active Directory? There are actually two different options:

1/ Delegated Authentication Directory: in that case, if you remove a user from AD, the user will not be removed from Crowd. That is the expected behavior.

2/ LDAP Directory Connector: in that case, if you remove a user from AD, the account will also be automatically removed from Crowd when you synchronize the directory.

My guess is that you might have used option #1

If you used option #2, I suppose that the LDAP filter in the configuration tab of your LDAP directory connector might be wrong

Tahir Dar February 7, 2019

Hi Bruno,

I used option #2 and the user filter had a group that needed taken out. The isuue is now fixed.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events