Is it possible to re-import Confluence users into the same directory multiple times?

Steinar Bang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Versions:

I'm in the process of transferring user management of an existing Confluence installation from Confluence itself to a crowd directory.

I already have a crowd directory containing an earlier import of the Confluence database and would have liked to reimport into that, and just get the updates (ie. just get new users and update the group memberships).

Is this possible?

Thanks!

- Steinar

2 answers

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

Hi Steiner,

The user import utility (Importing Users from Atlassian Confluence) doesn't have an incremental option.

If you don't want to risk your existing Crowd directory, please consider creating a new internal Crowd directory and doing a full import from Confluence to that one. Your original directory would be intact in case anything goes awry.

Regards,

Ann

0 votes
Steinar Bang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your answer!

I think what I will do, is to rename the existing directory and do a fresh import.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events