Does Crowd support ADFS, SAML or OAuth?

shreyas racherla May 4, 2016

Hi,
We're planning to move our atlassian prodcuts: JIRA, Confluence, Hipchat and Bitbucket to on server installation from cloud installation.
I've read that crowd supports SSO for all these products.
Are there any best practices to implement single sign on across these products?
Does Crowd support ADFS, SAML or OAuth? or OKTA integration?

Or Does OKTA support SSO for all these products?

Thanks,
Shreyas.

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2016

Hi Shreyas,

Well, yes, Crowd is definitely the recommended product for SSO between your Atlassian applications.

As of today, Crowd only supports SAML for Google Apps integration. ADFS and OAuth are not officially supported though you could extend Crowd's functionality with a custom plugin (Google Apps' connector for Crowd is actually a plugin). Please also note that Crowd does support OpenID.

If you were aiming at Windows (Kerberos/Active Directory) authentication with ADFS/SAML/Okta integration, you can use the IWAAC plugin instead.

Best regards,

Bruno

Emil Varona October 26, 2017

Hi@Bruno Vincent, Is there any update to your response? We're using Crowd against AD for internally hosted apps and I'm looking to see if we can put Okta in front of this combo.

Thanks.

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

Hi @Emil Varona,

As of today (Crowd 3.0.1), my response is still valid. However I don't work for Atlassian and thus I can't speak for Crowd's development team. Maybe they have such features on their radar. They're soon organising a webinar about Crowd Data Center, I think it's worth registering as they might give some perspectives on future versions of Crowd.

In the meantime, if you absolutely want to integrate your hosted apps with Okta, you might want to take a look at Okta's integration guides for Jira and Confluence. There are also many third-party SAML plugins that support Okta on Atlassian Marketplace.

Jennifer Galvin November 16, 2017

Hi Emil,

IYes, I believe Okta can provide SSO fdirectly to all of the Atlassian applications you mentioned.  We also have a user provisioning connector as well.  If you need assistance please feel free to contact me at jennifer.galvin at okta.com.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events