Running Jenkins as a node/slave/remote agent

Is it possible to run Jenkins as a remote agent for Bamboo. My company has 1 application that must be compiled on a mac. Right now we are using manual build process but I'd like to get this into our bamboo model for more consistency. Is it possible to build ruby/ember applications remotely with bamboo without running an agent on the assigned mac? Can I trigger a build with jenkins with bamboo? I'm trying to avoid having to purchase agents for just this single app when we'll be getting it updated in the next year or so to be buildable on a windows box.

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Mark,

If you have Jenkins and Bamboo running on the same server, and your Jenkins build can be triggered from a terminal / command line client, you can call this command line in a Bamboo Script task in a local agent.

If Jenkins and Bamboo run on different servers, you can also use a Script task, but you will need a Remote Agent.

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Support

This worked perfect, thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Season Hughes
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your go-to for cheering up?

When you need a quick pick-me-up, what do you turn to? It could be as simple as a piece of chocolate, a cup of tea, a funny YouTube video. Share your go-tos below!

365 views 26 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot