@mentions not working in Confluence

We are unable to @mention 2 confluence users on a page. The two users do have confluence accounts and are active uesrs Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

We don't have access to your Confluence system - we're end users like you.

Have a look at their usernames - do they have special characters in their name? Are they definitely active users? What does your log file say when you start typing the @mention?

I am having the same problem. When I use @mention in a comment or in the body of a document, it does not email that user. When users try to @mention me (I am the admin), they do not receive an email. Sharing to a group seems to work, but even sharing to individual users does not work.

Answers to your questions: 1) no special characters 2) yes, active user 3) how do I find the log file?

Could it be something in the user settings that I misconfigure when setting up users? Or is it something to do with membership in groups?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

556 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you