linkable heading wouldn't work

Eszter Kard January 2, 2020

Hi, I just started using linkable headings. Copying and pasting work well but when I click the copied link it would not go to the exact heading but just the top of the containing page. What's wrong with it?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Hello Eszter,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

I'm testing the Linkable Headings on my own instance, and I was able to get it to work each of the following ways:

1. Linking to the heading from the same page as the heading.
  2. Linking to the heading from a different page.
  3. Navigating to the heading by pasting the URL into my browser bar.

For the last two methods, it did take a second or two longer to jump to the heading after loading the page, but I can confirm that they worked.

Could you let me know which method you are using to test the link? Is this on the same page or a separate page? Are both pages using the new Confluence editor? 

Regards,

Shannon

Eszter Kard January 10, 2020

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your reply.

What I did was to insert a confluence page heading link into a Jira ticket. Both pages are open in a browser. Regardless of how long I waited, it didn’t seem to work.

Can you tell me the reason and/or solution for it?

Kind regards

Eszter Kard

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hello Eszter,

Thank you for clarifying.

I'm testing this on my end. The Jira and Confluence sites are both on the same Cloud site. I add a link to a sub-heading on a page in Confluence (created with the new editor). When I click the link from within Jira, it directs to the desired page. However, it stays at the top of the page for a few seconds, until it later jumps to the desired heading.

Can you tell me, when you test this, if you wait for 5 seconds or more, does it jump to the desired heading? Is the Confluence page in the new editor, and the Jira ticket in the new or old view? Are both Jira and Confluence on the same Cloud site?

Regards,

Shannon

Eszter Kard January 14, 2020

Hi Shannon,

thank you for dealing with my issue.

Regarding your questions:

- I tried again to click the link and waited about 20 seconds but it didn't jump to the header

- both Jira and Confluence are in the same cloud site

- as far as I know, both are the "new" ones (I don't know exactly where to check this)

Kind regards

Eszter Kard 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 14, 2020

Hi Eszter,

Alright, thank you for checking that. I would say make sure that you have the most up-to-date version of a Supported Browser, disable any extensions you might have installed, and try from Incognito Mode.

You can also open the Developer Console in your browser and see if anything is blocking the script that is supposed to direct users to the desired section. Feel free to share the output with us if you have any doubts.

Otherwise, you'll want to raise a ticket with our Cloud Support Team so we can have a look at your site and see if something else might be preventing it from working as intended. If you need my assistance to raise a ticket with support, for example, if your license isn't eligible, please let me know.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events