Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why page properties report macro displays some Confluence links as URL?

David Carr August 31, 2020

Can anyone explain the reason why when using page properties report macro, content in the report which contains a link to another Confluence page inconsistently displays as a Confluence style link (looks good) and the full URL (looks bad). 

I've check the underlying pages and they appear to be using the latest Confluence pages.  The links look good in the underlying pages.  And clicking the links and checking these pages, they too appear to be in the latest Confluence pages.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
David Carr September 1, 2020

I think my response may have disappeared.

I since investigated further and notice a difference which may be the cause.  If I open the page and copy the URL link and paste it into a page properties macro then this is what it looks like...

https://xxxxx/pages/1143416092/APRA+Data+Quality+Deliverables

If I then search for the same page in the 'Search Box' and copy the link from the list and paste this into a page properties macro then this is what it looks like...

https://xxxxx/pages/1143416092/APRA+Data+Quality+Deliverables?search_id=f37c9215-8b9d-4473-9f4b-113c73619525

Both then display shortened in their page properties macro.  But on the page propertires report, the first link displays shortened and the second link displays in full.

This should provide a workaround.  Hopefully it enables a fix to the problem to be found and implemented.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2020

Hello @David Carr !
As I understand, the behavior of links within the Page Properties Report macro is inconsistent.

While trying to replicate the issue, I found out that links that lead to a page in edit mode are displayed as their shortened versions within the original page (the one with the Page Properties) but display as a whole link in the Page Properties Report macro.

Here is the report I raised:

I could not find any workaround to the issue, but if there is one it will be reported there.

Now, moving forward to your Confluence site situation. I still have a few questions to ask! Here we go:

1. Do the affected links match the description of the bug report above?
  2. If you create another Page Properties Report macro and point at the same Page Properties that contain problematic links, do the links show the same?
  3. How were the links created in the original pages, are they displaying their shortened version there?

Let us hear from you!

David Carr September 1, 2020

Thanks @Diego 

1. Yes, this bug matches the issue I see.

2. When I create another page propertie report macro, the same issue exists.

3. Yes, links created in the original pages are displayinf their shorterned version.

I had in the same page properties report the a link to the same page in two rows.  One displayed shortened and one displayed in full.  I went to the page where the link is displayed shortened and copied the link on this page.  I then went to the page where it the link displays in full, edited the page, pasted the copied link in place of the original and saved the page.  The page properties report now shows both links shortened and the report looks good.

I hope this may help figure out the root cause problem, or if it will allow a fix.

This is the link in the page that was shortened...

https://xxxxxxxxxx/pages/1005684213/Stage+of+Finance+Dimension

This is the link in the page which was in full...

https:xxxxxxxxxxxx/pages/1005684213/Stage+of+Finance+Dimension?search_id=09188b4d-aeb9-4fc4-974e-ae66315b01b4

(Full URL masked).  The links are different.  Perhaps this gives you the information you need to understand either the root cause, or this will help others to work around the issue until a fix is identified and applied.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events