Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Where does the Confluence Cloud data reside?

Hi!

Our team has decided to look for a new way to store and develop our documentation, and Confluence seems really promising so far. Now to the matter at hand, I've looked for help about where the Confluence data will be stored, and I can't seem to find where the data center behind our site is residing.

We have pressure to keep all of our information about our customers within the EU, and so far I've only seen that "It'll choose a data center close to you", but is there a way to confirm this? Or is there a way to manually decide where to store our data?

We''ll probably move to a standard cloud plan, as soon as this question has been sorted out, does that give us more options?

Best,

Martin

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

See https://www.atlassian.com/trust/reliability/infrastructure - it's based on where the majority of your users are active.  (Remember that you can ignore the outdated stuff on Privacy Shield on that page, as it's now irrelevant).  You can request to keep your location inside the EU I believe, as a support request/

Thank you for your answer! The Privacy Shield stuff was really confusing me. I'll send a support request if we decide to move to Confluence permanently

0 votes
Kesha Thill Atlassian Team Mar 08, 2021

Hi @Martin Lindahl ! Just an update, we recently announced that data residency will be included in our Standard and Premium cloud plans later this year, which includes the option to host your data in the EU. To learn more and sign up for updates, visit our page here

To see what else we're working (like additional geographies and functionality) related to data residency, visit our cloud roadmap here.

Can you confirm if Data residency is enabled for Australia? https://www.atlassian.com/software/data-residency kind of indicate that it is enabled but the roadmap https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud?category=dataManagement& still says it is in the works.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🎨 Add some visual life to your templates

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman, and I am a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Based on feedback from you, we are giving admins more power to create templates that a...

239 views 4 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you