Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Windows 10 support be added?

Arthur Pitterle November 2, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Edit Office Files

We have some users who have upgraded to Windows 10, but are having trouble getting the Office Connector to work with Firefox. Is there a workaround for now? When will support be added for Windows 10?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2015

It is supported on Windows 10, and Firefox as long as the WebDav addon is installed.

What problems are you having here?

Arthur Pitterle November 3, 2015

I have a user who just upgraded to Windows 10, has the WebDAV add-on, but is getting errors trying to open Excel documents from Confluence. One is "Microsoft Excel cannot access the file <filename>..." and the other is "Sorry, we couldn't open <filename>".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2015

Oh, great, Windows error messages that tell you little or nothing about the actual error. This is going to be hard to diagnose, but it's likely that the Office Connector is serving up a file, and there's a network or Windows problem preventing Office from opening it. I'd want to read the log file on the server to see if the server is recording any errors, but I'm afraid it's more likely to be on the client side, which means you'll need to investigate more there

Arthur Pitterle November 4, 2015

This is Atlassian Cloud, if that helps at all, but I'm also guessing it's on the client side. Unfortunately I don't really know where to start with troubleshooting it. It's especially difficult since the user is remote.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2015

That absolutely proves it's the client side - Cloud is definitely just handing files over to the client, there's no "windows 10" involved on the server side.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events