My boss asked me to learn about PSR and "that plugin"! I have no idea what he is talking about... :))

He said: "That plugin was for PSR... and it's too expensive! I want to know what PSR and that plugin do!"

Can someone, please, help me? Thank you!

We are using JIRA v4.2.4 and Confluence 3.4.9!

3 answers

Unless your boss is like this one:

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2005-08-22/

.... go and ask her/him.

You can also believe that PSR = Posthumous Sperm Retrieval http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posthumous_sperm_retrieval, but this means that your boss is brain dead and just need to be reproduced. Ah, DNA mysteries....

Good joke, but unfotunately, i have to downvote this!

From what i've seen in confluence search (for "psr"), it returns me Project Status Reports! Might this be what he is reffering to? But eitherway, who generates those reports? That plugin that he is talking about?

Crezi ca mai intrebam atata lume sa ma fac de rahat pe aici? A fost si el intrebat de altcineva la randul lui si habar nu are ce imi cere! Banuiesc ca a fost intrebat cu aceeasi formulare... ptr ca prima data cand mi-a cerut asta mi-a zis "vezi psr care-i treaba cu el!"... la o a doua discutie a mai detaliat putin si mi-a zis ce am scris mai sus...

My dear friend. It MAY mean "Project Status Reports" but this may mean in return a lot of things. Go and ask two simple questions:

1/ what do you mean by PSR

2/ What plugin are you talking about

Ce naiba e atit de greu?

That's the problem, you don't know what PSR means, or what the plugin is.

Nor do we, there's too many it might be!

Let's say it means "Project Status Report"! I found some of his notes, it may sound obscure but maybe it will give you a hint : "PROJECT STATUS REPORT -> scafolding plugin -> PSR macro fills in those templates"

Sorry for this abstract question! I know it sounds a bit retarded! :))

Ahh, try the Confluence "scaffolding" plugin...

PSR might alsow refer to (Problem Step Recorder) PSR.EXE. It comes with windows 7 and takes screenshots of and describes al useractions. I don't know if there is a Jira plugin to for example automaticalie attach ap PSR problem reproduction to a Jira item? But also here... just guessing...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

373 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you