It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Table Filter Plugin: "Setting the Cell Value Delimiter" for Status Macros Edited

Matthias Born Jun 06, 2018

Hello Stilsoft,

we are using multiple status-macros within one cell. If we set the filter for this column to "Dropdown filter columns", the status values are concatinated. A dropdown option is generated for each status value combination.

Is there a way to separate them?

Perhaps with line-breaks, but in that case i have no idea what value i have to add to "Setting the Cell Value Delimiter"

Regards!

Matthias

• And, as an afterthougth: What's the delemiter for a simple confluence list?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev Jun 06, 2018

Hello Matthias,

There are no line-breaks in html, only block tags that look like line-breaks.

You can use either a white space character (enter \u0020 code) if statuses do not contain spaces, or separate statuses with commas for example.

Also there are no delimiters for lists or any other html tags.

Matthias Born Jun 07, 2018

Hello Andrey!

I can't agree with your linebreak statement since there's an <br/> element. That's what i ment. Try Shift+Enter in Confluence Editor and you will see the difference.

To my initial question: Thank you, \u0020 works fine: My status macros are recognized in the dropdown filter even if there are more than one status-macro in one cell.

I have to replace spaces with "-" in the status text, but i can live with that.

Perhaps you may consider extending the options for "Setting the Cell Value Delimiter"?
It would be nice if the drowdown would recognize <br>, paragraphs and lists.
That would make the dropdown filter very powerfull.

Thank u!

Matthias

Andrey Khaneev Jun 07, 2018

I meant there are no line-break characters in html, but tags only. And Table Filter works with text and not html, that's why it is not possible to use line-breaks as delimiters. 

I've added your feature request to our backlog, thank you!

0 votes
Christoph Spuhler Mar 21, 2019

Hi, 

we're have a table with multiple values in a cell as well, separated by spaces as seems to be the standard for jira issue filter macro. I tried the  \u0020, but it doesn't work. Any suggestions ?

Is there a way to have the jira issue filter separate values by commas ?

Andrey Khaneev Mar 21, 2019

Hi Christoph,

Did you set \u0020 in the "Cell value delimiter" parameter of Table Filter macro?

Christoph Spuhler Mar 29, 2019

Yes, I did. It doesn't change anything

Andrey Khaneev Mar 29, 2019

It should work... Please, contact StiltSoft support to resolve the issue.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

919 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you