Table Filter Plugin: "Setting the Cell Value Delimiter" for Status Macros

Matthias Born June 6, 2018

Hello Stilsoft,

we are using multiple status-macros within one cell. If we set the filter for this column to "Dropdown filter columns", the status values are concatinated. A dropdown option is generated for each status value combination.

Is there a way to separate them?

Perhaps with line-breaks, but in that case i have no idea what value i have to add to "Setting the Cell Value Delimiter"

Regards!

Matthias

• And, as an afterthougth: What's the delemiter for a simple confluence list?

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2018

Hello Matthias,

There are no line-breaks in html, only block tags that look like line-breaks.

You can use either a white space character (enter \u0020 code) if statuses do not contain spaces, or separate statuses with commas for example.

Also there are no delimiters for lists or any other html tags.

Matthias Born June 7, 2018

Hello Andrey!

I can't agree with your linebreak statement since there's an <br/> element. That's what i ment. Try Shift+Enter in Confluence Editor and you will see the difference.

To my initial question: Thank you, \u0020 works fine: My status macros are recognized in the dropdown filter even if there are more than one status-macro in one cell.

I have to replace spaces with "-" in the status text, but i can live with that.

Perhaps you may consider extending the options for "Setting the Cell Value Delimiter"?
It would be nice if the drowdown would recognize <br>, paragraphs and lists.
That would make the dropdown filter very powerfull.

Thank u!

Matthias

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

I meant there are no line-break characters in html, but tags only. And Table Filter works with text and not html, that's why it is not possible to use line-breaks as delimiters. 

I've added your feature request to our backlog, thank you!

2 votes
floflo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 23, 2022

when my cells to be filtered contains several 'status macros' it won't work either (impossible to insert a blank sbetween 2 'status macros', so \u0020 is useless in this case).

I solved the problem with a comma between 2 'status macros' in my cells+ filter option : 'Cell value delimiter' = , (comma)

Martin Zhao November 10, 2022

This worked for me, thanks!

Like Stiltsoft support likes this
Martin Zhao November 21, 2022

Just a detail to add that helped me is that the column filter must be saved/added to the macro first. Then, edit the macro, go to the column filter and alter the "Cell Delimiter Value" from the individual filter's settings.

Like # people like this
Markus Kuslap
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2023

Thank you Martin for the input!
I was playing around with the Cell Delimiter Value for days and couldn't understand why it doesn't work...

Like Martin Zhao likes this
Martin Zhao January 4, 2023

Glad I could help!

1 vote
Matt Kentala
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 8, 2023

If you want to use a line break (aka carriage return) you may use \n as the delimiter.  This allowed me to use a dropdown filter based on child pages.  

1 vote
Christoph Spuhler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 21, 2019

Hi, 

we're have a table with multiple values in a cell as well, separated by spaces as seems to be the standard for jira issue filter macro. I tried the  \u0020, but it doesn't work. Any suggestions ?

Is there a way to have the jira issue filter separate values by commas ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2019

Hi Christoph,

Did you set \u0020 in the "Cell value delimiter" parameter of Table Filter macro?

Christoph Spuhler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 29, 2019

Yes, I did. It doesn't change anything

Like Joanna Weir likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2019

It should work... Please, contact StiltSoft support to resolve the issue.

0 votes
Joanna Weir July 19, 2022

frustrating.   I have the same problem.  Mutiple sprints come in to confluence via macro as "TCAT 22-2.S12 06/15-06/29/22 TCAT 22-3.S13 06/29-07/13/22".   \u0020 doesn't work ,nor does a comma in the "set cell value delimiters".    Any other alternatives?

Alexey Mikhaylov _Stiltsoft_ August 3, 2022

Hello Joanna,

There are many spaces in your sprint names, this is why \u0020 will not work as you expect. For a comma to work as a cell value delimiter you need to separate different sprints with a comma first, like "TCAT 22-2.S12 06/15-06/29/22, TCAT 22-3.S13 06/29-07/13/22".

You can also refer to Aggregating Tasks when One Task is Included in Multiple Sprints use case to learn more about another option to split sprints.

Best regards,

Alexey

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events