Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting a page

Deleted user July 29, 2022

I have just started using Confluence and have created a long page with several headings.  I think this would be better as several sub-pages - is there a way to easily tell Confluence  to 'Break here and create a sub-page' ?

Or is the only option I have to cut and paste to a new page?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

you can export your page in word and import again from doc defining splitting rule (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/import-content-into-confluence-cloud/) using Level Headings

Split by heading

If the document contains Word heading styles you can choose to create multiple pages based on the heading.

• Don't split - creates a single page.

• Level Headings - creates multiple pages in a hierarchy based on the heading levels in the document.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Deleted user July 29, 2022

Great Thanks @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_   I'll give it a go :-)

Bert Dombrecht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2023

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

I was looking for the same procedure.
I know this was a feature on Confluence Server. However, on Confluence cloud, that option doesn't seem to be there. I can only import an entire Word document. There's also no reference to this in the linked documentation. Am I missing something?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events