Slow page tree loading

Kateryna Novozhylova January 4, 2019

Hello,

We have faced an issue and some complains from customers about slow loading of large page trees. For example, in the following space: https://docs.onapp.com/display/APIM/OnApp+6.0+API+Guide 

We also use Scroll Viewport and Scroll Versions add-ons. Here is the link to the same space via Scroll Viewport: https://docs.onapp.com/apim/latest 

We've already contacted Scroll Viewport support about the same issue and received the next response: 

"If it takes longer than in Confluence to generate the page tree, then I would recommend asking this question in the Viewport Google Group where our developers can suggest something outside of the product documentation. There is no other solution I can think of apart from what’s already in the documentation (https://help.k15t.com/scroll-viewport/latest/output-a-page-tree-137860108.html)."

We've compared the time of loading in Confluence and Viewport and came to the conclusion that the time is the same. So it takes too long to generate the page tree both in Confluence and Viewport. 

As for the Viewport, we use the Lazy-loading trees but it doesn't help to load the tree faster than in Confluence. 

Could you please provide any suggestions on how to load page tree faster? Are there any solutions to the issue? 

Thanks and have a nice day. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2019

Kateryna,

We are aware of an issue where page trees are taking a long time to load in large Confluence spaces:

• CONFSERVER-43752 Slow page tree performance in the sidebar for large spaces in Confluence

Exactly how large is your space, and how long does the page tree take to load? You can test by creating a HAR file and seeing what is taking especially long to load, but it's highly likely it's the issue above.

If that's the case, you might need to break up the space into smaller spaces in order to increase the load time.

I also wanted to let you know that your Confluence version of 6.1.2 will be reaching End of Life in March, so you may want to consider upgrading soon. Upgrading insures that you have the latest bug fixes and security releases, so it is beneficial to do so.

Regards,

Shannon

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2019

@Shannon S  I also  facing this issue in  6.13.3 ,  any  workaround will be appreciated this  is  critical bug, i wounder why no  workaround at-least.

Best regards,

Mo

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2019

Hello Mo,

I would recommend having a look at @Tobias Anstett _K15t_'s response below and see if that helps you. 

Otherwise, you'll want to test using the HAR file as mentioned, and breaking down your space into smaller spaces will help.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

@Shannon S   After Upgrade  to  latest confluence version  6.15.8,  issue was resolved.

Best regards,

Moses

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 11, 2019

Hi Moses,

Thank you for confirming that! Glad to hear you were able to resolve with the latest update.

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Moses Thomas likes this
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2019

@Shannon S  I am very happy now we can upgrade our production  server :)

Have a  pleasant weekend too

Best regards,

Mo 

Like Shannon S likes this
1 vote
Tobias Anstett _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2019

Hi @Kateryna Novozhylova,

When working in large versioned spaces containing many pages, you might notice small performance decreases affecting the page tree's rendering time.

There are a number of ways you can tune Confluence's cache to help solve this issue.

Please refer to the following article for details. This will most likely fix your issues.

https://help.k15t.com/scroll-versions/latest/improve-page-tree-performance-in-large-versioned-spaces-117904149.html

Best, Tobias

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2019

@Tobias Anstett _K15t_ @Shannon S   The cache tuning doesn't work  in  my  case :/

Best regards,

Mo 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events