Problem with failed upgrade 7.1.1 to 7.11.1

Paul S_ Gazo March 5, 2021

I've attempted an upgrade of our on-prem install from 7.1.1 to 7.11.1 twice now, following the same steps we've used for years, per the usual upgrade article.

Everything goes fine, except once Tomcat's CPU usage has dropped down, when I attempt to access Confluence, it throws an error.

I've tried twice, with the usual roll-back process.  Our database is in a local MS SQL Express instance.

Any guidance or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.  I've looked at the logs and they're pretty verbose and I don't know what I'm looking for.

Upgrade failed. Please consult the system logs for details. You will need to fix these problems, restore your database and confluence home directory to the pre upgrade state. Then retry the upgrade. Upgrade error message: Upgrade task com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.upgradetask.DenormalisedSpacePermissionsUpgradeTask@38e60c76 failed during the SCHEMA_UPGRADE phase due to: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [DROP TRIGGER IF EXISTS denormalised_space_permission_trigger]; nested exception is com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'IF'.

1 answer

0 votes

I see that someone going from 7.10.2 had a similar issue.  Like them we're a small shop with Starter.  I have rolled back for now.  Is the thought here that there's something wrong in the 7.11.1 code that's causing this?

For the record, upgrade to 7.10.2 worked fine.  So apparently there's something blocking some of us from going current.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events