Numbered headings - in cross references ?

John Alexander
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 20, 2013

is it possible to include in links / cross references the section numbers provide by the Numbered headings add-on ?

With thanks for your help

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gert-Jan van de Streek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

Yes, like the toc macro is able to get the number out of the page content, so can any link / cross reference mechanism that copies the header value.

From a user perspective, using the anchor / link functionality from the editor: no. This mechanism ask for the link text, it does not copy it from the heading.

0 votes
Gert-Jan van de Streek July 14, 2015

No, this is not possible with the existing editor functionality.

0 votes
Carolyn Valiquette
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 14, 2015

I have the same question, but I'm not sure I understand the answer provided. I'm using the numbered heading macro and I want in a later section to refer to a numbered heading. E.g. "...As in 1.1.1 above...". It would be OK to display the number or the number and the heading text, as long as the reference updated if those change. 

Thank you. 

0 votes
Gert-Jan van de Streek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

From what I understand it is really a different question from the one in the link.

0 votes
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events