Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No controls showing in sidebar

Ryan Carpenter February 10, 2015

I'm trying to set up a new space in Confluence, and there are no links/options to configure the sidebar. According to the documentation, there should be a 'Space tools' option, but there is nothing to click. Is this a limitation of the trial? 

Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 11.17.21 AM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Martim Schnack February 10, 2015

You might be using the documentation theme for the space. In order to view the sidebar with the actions and quick links, you will need to change the theme to the "Global Look and Feel".

Martim Schnack February 10, 2015

Here's the documentation page that explains how to do it: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Applying+a+Theme+to+a+Space

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2015

What rights do you have in the space?  And what theme are you using?

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], I am a full admin (the only user in the entire JIRA instance), and the default theme.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2015

Ah. System admin does not give you rights in a space - you need to check those separately. Specifically, do you have space admin?

Yes, I'm also a full admin on the space itself.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2015

The only thing I can think of is, well, what Martim posted already. You may have documentation set as the default theme.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events