My server is reporting database configurations which are not in line with reality

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

When I start Confluence-7.2.0, and visit its' page, the server reports;

Database: The database collation 'C' is not supported by Confluence. We recommend utf-8. On Windows you can also use the Windows-1252 collation for your locale.

But when I enter my psql server to review my database the below is reported;

| Encoding | Collate             | Ctype            |

| UTF8        | en_GB.UTF-8    | en_GB.UTF-8 |

This issue was initiated when an upgrade was cancelled, which understandably left the data out-of-sync.

2 answers

0 votes
admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

That is the resolution I chose to make for this, and the server started without errors, however it resulted in a blank login page.

This problem has been moved to the bottom of my stack for now.

Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Can you drop a comment on one of those 2 tickets?

p/s: 1 hint, you can just put the comment right below my question for easier tracking

0 votes
Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2020

@admin admin I believe you hit this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-58052

and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-57749

Can you make sure the upgrade complete successfully first and try again?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events