Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation of reading or editing

Kirsten Pehl July 13, 2021

Hello everybody,

We are using Confluence as a space to document our business processes and to give some more information on our company.

On the main page (a description and introduction of our processes) all users/colleagues are only allowed to read, so that on the other pages (the processes) among the main page they are only allowed to read, too. On some pages we need to allow individual users to edit the page, but this is only possible if they are allowed to edit the main page. This means that they are allowed to edit every single page in the whole area, what we do not want to. 

Is there any possibility to allow somebody to edit a single page whithout giving him or her the permission to edit all pages in the specified area?

If it is important, we are running on version 7.10.2.

Thanks in advance!

Kirsten

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 5, 2021

I think you should discuss this with your system administrator. Otherwise, if you realize there's a lock icon at the top of each page, there you can grant permissions to specific users:

confluence permissions.JPG

Kirsten Pehl August 5, 2021

Thank you for your answer!

We use this permissions already and that's the problem I'm talking about.

Unbenannt.PNG

On the main page ("Prozessdokumentation") my colleagues are only allowed to read, but some colleagues should get the possibility to edit for example "A - Managementprozesse". It is possible to give them these restrictions (like in your picture) but in practice it's not working, because they are not able to edit (the edit button is missing).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events